29 April 2006

Bonus Finds!

I popped out to the public library to pick up my hold (Devil in the White City by Erik Larson) and lo and behold there on the FastReads display was Annie Proulx's Brokeback Mountain. Note that I have not seen the movie, and I probably never will. The hype overwhelmed me and I just fail to give a rat's ass about it now. But... I am willing to read the original story -- especially since it is only 55 pages. I'll let you know what I think when I'm done.

After that, I ran a few errands and ended up checking out one of the local Dollar Stores wherein I found a whole new display of rechargable NiMh batteries -- and chargers! WoooT! I got my retro pay yesterday (resulting from our new contract settlement -- we will also see signing bonuses at the end of May) and I had earmarked about $60 for a new charger with batteries (my Sony camera chews through batteries like crazy). Imagine my joy to get a charger with 4 AA size batteries plus a pair of AAA batteries (for my MP3 player) for $19!! Wheeeee! And since I had "saved" $40 from my budget, I also splurged $10 for a pair of Hanes pyjamas (a pink tank top with blue and pink plaid bottoms) Yay!


tags: reading, shopping

No comments: