01 September 2004

Visions of oddness...

In an average week I see a lot of things that are either odd, or unusual, or just strike me as damned funny. Some of these are not amusing to anyone but me... but just to test the theory, here are some of the things I saw in the past week:

  • a pair of underwear (crumpled, presumably used) outside a classroom building.
  • a midget (little person? what the heck is the acceptable term these days?) crossing the street against the light (blocking traffic) wearing dark clothing at night. (I know, he had every right to be there, and it wouldn't seem odd without the shadow of Twin Peaks in my head.)
  • a dragonfly stranded on its back (I righted it, but it may have been struggling for some time)
  • a single glove, single shoe, and empty travel-size shampoo bottle arranged under a tree
  • doppelgangers of our cats, fighting in our parking lot (during the double-take I considered calling hubby to be sure our cats were inside)
  • three traffic cones in a line, all sunk under the sand/muck of low tide
So is it just that I am tuned in to some odd frequency? Is it some useless mutant superpower, or do other people experience these visions? I also have the uncanny ability to chose the route home that most likely has a police road block, but I consider that a curse.

No comments: