09 September 2004

Coming soon....

I am intrigued by I Heart Huckabees: the trailer looks good, the assembled cast looks wonderful (can't go wrong with Jude Law) despite all their bad hair, and it is written and directed by David O. Russell who also brought us Three Kings (fabulous film), Flirting With Disaster and Spanking the Monkey.

I'm not sure if it rates my see-it-in-the-theatre list... though it looks like one of those films that has an easily-spoiled hook. It opens in October.

In case you were wondering what films are on my see-it-in-the-theatre list, it's short:

Generally, for me to want to see a movie in the theatre, it has to be big, bold, and not likely to transfer niceley to the small screen. CGI and/or SFX usually play a part, though sometimes it's just 'cause I want to see it before people start yapping about it (as was the case with Fahrenheit 9/11) or I suspect that it may be my only chance (as with the Delicate Art of Parking). Either way it has to be worth my ten bucks.

The most recent movie I saw in the theatre was Hero, which I saw this past Sunday. (A little too much soap opera for my taste, but stunning nonetheless.)

1 comment:

Tim Bailey said...

I know it's not on your list, but I bet you're also wondering about Resident Evil 2. Well, although I'm sure it comes as a shock, it's really not very good. In fact, it's actually bad. Very very bad. Not even a brief glimpse of Milla Jovovich's erect, water-immersed nipples could save it.