10 September 2004

What's in my bag?

I recently swapped bags (purses) and used the opportunity to catalog what was in there (I've seen these lists on other blogs and was both inspired and frightened at the same time...)

The bag I had been using was from Mountain Equipment coop (
MEC Small Carry All Shoulder Bag); note that the the description says "capacity 6 L" (that's 6 Litres if you're reading from a non-metric country; which is about 1.5 Gallons (US) or 366 cubic inches).

Obviously I am not one of those people who can carry a tiny purse with just my keys and lipstick.

So anyway, I had less in there than I sometimes do (e.g.: no books, no camera, no music player, no toys), but it was still enough to fill my kitchen counter:

full-size bottle of ibuprophen, daily dose of vitamins, tin of Altoid mints (original peppermint), open package of Halls coughdrops (strong mint), small tube of Avon Care Deeply handcream, a lot of Equal packets, open package of Trident gum (peppermint), 4 granola bars, 2 Boston Pizza mints, 2 AA batteries, 5 pens, tube of lipstick, bottle of denim-coloured nail polish, a necklace, a pair of earings, my charm bracelet, 2 hair clips, 2 hair elastics, 1 blue floral-print scrunchie, a Zellers bag-grip, two formica colour chips, a watch which needs a new battery, 5 pens, small pocket knife in a leather sleeve, laminated information card on BC Wildlife, a gift certificate for the UVic Bookstore, card for Young Young Shabu Shabu in Victoria, assorted receipts, shopping lists and coupons, a sheet of Disney's Snow White stickers, 6 individually packaged Wet-Naps, 4 plastic bandages, 3 cotton balls, 3 tampons, 2 pads, two plastic spoons, one plastic fork, my wallet (hey I had to get to that eventually!), M&M meatshop member keytag, two folders of promo/frequent shopper cards (eg: Subway sub card, various coffee cards, HMV frequent shopper cards, etc.), and a huge stack of empty baggies, gum wrappers, a smushed-open single-serving of Kraft Peanut Butter (ewww), and other refuse.

Sigh. My new purse is all pretty and clean for now.

No comments: