12 September 2004

cats: real and imagined

Our cats hate each other. They fight a lot, abd though they sometimes work out ceasefires... we know they won't last. Well, today, I looked at one of my cats' behinds, and there is a nasty abcess there (ewwwwwwwww!) no doubt because the other cat tried to "tear her a new one" quite literally. Of course it is Sunday so the vet is closed... so I will have to juggle the vehicle with hubby (who has an appointment to get to in the afternoon) to take her in tomorrow. How we will pay for it is another question. Grrr.

***

In other cat news, my daughter likes to pretend she is a cat, "Baby Kitty" to be precise. I guess in the absence of siblings and having two cats around that might be expected, but this habit is really starting to get up my nose. She meows in response to questions, and sometimes even crawls around licking her "paws" -- even in public! It was cute for the first few months, but now it is just plain annoying.

1 comment:

Tim Bailey said...

I know it broke me of my "Timmy The Turtle" phase when my mother turned my crib upside down on me and left me under there with only a few rocks and some dead flies to eat. It worked again in getting me to do my homework in grade 7, but by the time I hit junior high I'd learned how to flip the crib over.

As for paying for the vet -- I recommend you don't. Pay, that is. Let them come after you, and explain that Canada is moving towards a user-pay medical system. It's their responsibility, after all, to secure payment from the injured party before providing serivces. Caveat Servitor.