30 September 2004

yay me / walking dead

A coworker asked me if I had "lost a lot of weight" yay! I haven't lost a lot, but I have now lost over 10 lbs... I still have a way to go. The other reason I may look slimmer is my new wardrobe. In the past month I have bought a half dozen or more new shirts, which actually fit me, rather than hang like tents over my frame. ( I decided that maybe accepting hand-me-down clothing from my mother and mother-in-law was not the best fashion plan.)

On the other hand, a student looked at my hair and pale visage today and asked if I was "getting ready for halloween" I wanted to say "No, I'm the walking dead. I always look this way," but it just came out as, "No, this is just me." Damned brain filter.

1 comment:

Tim Bailey said...

"Are you getting ready for halloween," Huh? How about "No, I'm GETTING READY TO PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE!" I don't think you have a pale visage at all, and that perhaps that student needed to be taken down a peg. About half the student body needs a good swift kick in the crotch -- although that doesn't mean I dont want to work there!