16 September 2004

New 'Do!

Well, hubby not only forbid me from cancelling my hair appointment, but he made sure I kept it by sending his mother to get me there and take care of the kid. I am glad I went. Vanessa did a fine job, and since she is still at school, the cut and colour cost me less than the last salon cut I had (which sucked) and about a third of the last salon trim and colour (which was mediocre).

I like the new look, and aside from my Mother, everyone else seems to like it too. Some comments:

my kid: "Oh! Mommy, your hair sure is dark!"

my Mom: "Well, it's your hair. At least you got it cut."

my co-workers: "That's certainly daring!" "Very goth!" "Wow, that looks good on you!" "Ooh! you left the white streak!" "God, you can do anything with your hair. You looked good blonde and now black. I'm jealous." "I think it makes you look younger." "Niiiiice."

my Hubby: (grinning) "You look like you need a skateboard right now."

***

In cat news, Sierra is doing OK.. she's back to full feistiness and woke me up at 3:45 this morning, trying to tear down the office door. As a result, I took up my pillow and curled up on the office floor to keep her company. I drifted off to sleep with her on my back, purring. We take her back tomorrow to have the tube removed.

***

I have decided not to apply for the day job in the branch unit (see original post). I think I will likely just stay put, and stretch my brain outside work. I plan to put some real effort into getting something published in the next year to 18-months. I have oodles of projects on various burners, so it's just a matter of bringing one or two to the front and following through. Staying on the evening shift also means I can focus on homeschooling the kid.

No comments: