02 February 2005

Press One to Annoy Me.

This morning in the midst of running around trying to wrangle a naked toddler, the phone rang. Since I am still half-heartedly expecting a call for an interview, I answered the phone. What I got was an automated robo-caller, "Hello. We are calling about your Super Pages [Super Pages was inserted like the numbers when you call 411] Telephone Directory. We would like to know if you received your Super Pages Directory and if it was received in good condition. If you receive your Super Pages Directory, please press 1 now."

Like a good lemming, I pressed one, and was about to hang up but ... "Thank You. Did your Super Pages Directory come with a bookmark attached? If your Super Pages Directory was delivered with a bookmark, please press ---"

I hung up.

So Telus (or more specifically the company in Colorado* you've hired to do your robo-calling) I'm very sorry that I screwed up your robo-caller and possibly your statistics, but it's your own fault for not hiring real humans, who might be able to hear the screeching of, "Mommy, I'm NAKED! Whheeeeeheeheeheee!" in the background and understand why I was terminating the call. If you are a representative of the robo-caller company, I can assure you, we received our Super Pages Directory in good condition, with the bookmark and all the other marketing crap in tact. I can also tell you that I peeled off all that crap the moment I got the directory inside.



*See, Telus? You shouldn't sell us Call Display if you don't want us to know you are contracting-out stuff like this to another country.

No comments: