27 February 2005

Oscar Night

'Tis Oscar Night, that once per year when I like to settle in and poke fun at what the stars are wearing while we nibble at finger foods. I traded shifts so I could be home to watch the fun tonight, but I am mostly watching to see what Chris Rock says as host since I haven't seen any of the best picture nominees this year! I do hope the Incredibles wins for best animated feature; I would like to see Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind take home something; and I am also rooting for Super Size Me to take home the best documentary statue.

During long speeches and commercial breaks I shall either be doing my taxes or knitting feverishly in an attempt to finish the kid's blanket.

EDIT: well, that was lame. Hubby got the taxes done (I'll double check them tomorrow) and I knit a few rows on the blanket, but the awards were a serious yawn.

No comments: