03 May 2006

Embracing Creativity...

I am fast approaching the two year mark here on Blogger and I have been reflecting on the sheer volume of words I have spilled onto these pages. I am still struggling with my wish/dream/goal to be a "real" writer (I guess to be paid to write, ideally) and as such I have started doing some writing exercises in amongst my journal entries, the bits of poetry I keep filing away, and the ideas for articles that never seem to materialize. The next step will be to take some of those article ideas and follow through (thus picking at another one of my bugaboos). I also want to write some more frugal articles for FrugalVictoria and some local history articles for my Unofficial Victoria Guide. Of course, I should also write more reviews for Medianook and/or Apolloguide!

What I'm afraid of though, is the actual submission process. Writing the query and following through. I've got so many half-finished writing projects that it's hard to face them...

In the meantime, I keep distracting myself with photography... taking one morning a week to walk through the gardens, documenting the many beautiful flowers....

blueflower


tags: writing, goals, distractions

No comments: