22 October 2005

Little Sally!

I was delighted when kiddo announced she wanted to dress up as Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas for Halloween so with yesterday's day off school and work, I went looking for the basics I would need to build her a costume. I was really happy to find a simple dark navy fleece pinafore dress for $0.99 and a plain white turtleneck long-sleeved shirt for $3.99 (but on sale for half price!) so for $2.97 plus tax I was ready to start. My fabric stash had everything but yellow fabric, so I used a beige in its place.

I spent about 4 1/2 hours (mostly last night, plus some finishing this morning) and viola! She happily tried on the costume (somewhat large this year, but maybe she can get two years out of the same costume) this morning and posed for me.

costume_modeling

More photos of the progress (plus a full-length picture of kiddo as Sally) on my Flickr page. (In case you are curious, I wasn't working from a pattern, I just "wung" it from the doll.)

While I was madly sewing away, I watched The Terror and Night of the Living Dead; conveniently pacakged together on one DVD in all their B-level goodness.

No comments: