04 October 2005

Largely a Lovely Day

This morning, hubby gave me my gift (Labyrinth on DVD and a bar of Denman Island Espresso Chunk Chocolate). I, on the other hand, get the Idiot Award® for losing part of hubby's gift. It'll show up eventually... meantime... I had to give him what I could find (sigh) -- sculpting supplies (since the 8th anniversary is pottery) and an art card that depicts the restaurant where we had our first date.

anniversary_gift

After that, hubby went out to workout, but the van had other ideas. He came back half an hour later and a few dollars lighter for a litre of oil and several (eep!) litres of water. I also added engine coolant later. Needless to say, the van is running hot and needs some serious TLC. I hope it's not too costly; we're taking it in first thing tomorrow morning.

We decided to still go out for lunch after dropping kiddo at school, and settled on Pagliacci's. I hadn't been in ages, but it hadn't changed any -- still elbow to elbow with the other tables, and the bread is still the best in Victoria. (The food is pretty good too!)

pags_sign

After lunch we wandered around town for a while, including a brief wander through the Empress where I found something NEW (well, not exactly new, but something I didn't know existed) -- the "Empress Archives." Really, it's just a little alcove in the basement level with some framed postcards and menus plus display cases with hotel and Canadian Pacific memorabilia. Still, pretty cool [pictured below is an old Guest Book].

empress_guestbook

We also tried some gelato (green tea for him, strawberry cheesecake for me) from Oh!Gelato on Government (yummy, but the portions are waaay too large).

A bit more wandering (hardware store for home reno fact-finding; and the mall) and then we picked up kiddo and headed home for a huge sushi feast care of (you guessed it) hubby. I sure do love him. :)

sushi_platter

No comments: