28 January 2005

Woke up this morning...

...born under a bad sign, with a blue moon in your eyes.

Sigh.

Seriously, I woke up early. 6 a.m. early. Either I (in my sleep) or one of the cats bumped the "nap" button on my alarm clock which resulted in loud radio announcer yapping about something not just once, but twice before 7 a.m. Now, most of you know that I work nights, but even worse, Fridays are the start of my weekend, since I work Sunday to Thursday.

I got up, stumbled around, made coffee and plunked in front of the computer. Hubby comes down and laughs, "Wife not sleep well; enter Blog mode." I considered throwing something at him, but settled for a glare. After all, he was correct and he had to leave for work, while I got to slum around in my PJs for a while.

***

It's been a week since the posting closed that I had so eagerly applied for and I've heard narry a peep from the other institution. The experience did make me think though and now hubby and I have "unofficially" widened our search. If we could both get jobs in another city (country?), now would be a decent time to pull up stakes. We both have stable jobs right now, but we are both looking for a change/challenge; and perhaps living somewhere with a lower cost-of-living would be nice for a while; and moving before the kid enters kindergarten and starts making friends and all that... I figure that's the smart thing to do. So if you think you might know of a juicy job for either of us (me: library assistant/clerk; him web programming/writing), fling me an email (I really don't want to bore all of you with the gory details of our resumes).

1 comment:

Stallionforce said...

Card sharper.

Yours,

Stallionforce