02 January 2005

Sex Mix Tapes

OMG. I laughed so hard reading this. Back in the day, I did make a sex tape -- with different "mood" on each side. Bob, on his blog, My Blog Is Poop waxes eloquent on the pros and cons of making a sex tape, (or now a CD) and whether it is necessary or even possible.

I have no idea what I would even put on a sex mix now. My original mix had songs both obvious (I want your sex - George Michael) and obscure (Hobo Humpin Slobo Babe - Whale), but they all had a common thread: they all compelled me to move (bump, grind, writhe, whatever.) Now, it would have to be a mix that was compatible with hubby's tastes -- in fact probably we'd have to chose them together. Hmm. Perhaps that could be a Valentine's Day activity...

4 comments:

carrie said...

LOL...I loved this! I too had a sex tape back in the day. It seems that having sex used to be more of an elaborate ceremony then than it is now. There was much consideration into the place, the lighting, the music, the general mood. Now that I'm married with a kid, it's more like taking advantage of the time that the kid is asleep and not in our bed. Screw the music and the candles.

Mrs Robot said...

Bob's great!

One of his commentators suggested that "of course" the soundtrack to Porky's has "the best" aphrodisiac qualities..... hmmm. Well, maybe I shouldn't be so sceptical until I've tried it.

I didn't recognise a lot of the music the commentators discussed, so perhaps that means I'm too old and lumpy to be worrying about sex mixes, anyway. :)

(Thanks for linking to that, by the way.)

Christopher said...

I'd forgotten all about Hobo Humpin' Slobo Babe! Do you know where I can get a copy?

Unknown said...

ooh! Now I'm mentally delving back into my sex-tape past. I never *created* one per se, but I certainly had a couple of tapes specifically reserved for that use. Of course, at this stage in life, I'd probably just start giggling, or singing along. Talk about mood-breakers. ;)