09 January 2005

I'll just be over here in the corner.

Need access to 7,000 recipes? Check out the Recipe Vault which hubby built this weekend. Yep, while we were housebound (between the weather and our collective head colds), I sluffed around the house, knit a few dozen rows, read a little and surfed both TV and the Web; he built this fancy dancy little archive (he's still working out some issues as I type... but it'll soon be fully active and useful).

He also cooked me most of the meals we ate and of course pulled more than his weight in the co-parenting department even after having walked into work in a blizzard on Friday morning -- which is why I am still kicking myself several hours after realizing that yet again I got the date of his birthday wrong.

It's not today or anything... it's a few months away. We were discussing my vacation requests -- one week of which was based on his birthday -- when I realized I missed the actual day. So I'll be over here in the corner (with a big-ass Dunce Cap on) while I resubmit my vacation request, adding the extra day.

=Sigh=

1 comment:

carrie said...

Oops about the birthday thing. These things happen, especially when you're a busy mom! It'll be okay.

The recipe vault looks really cool. I did something similar, only it's local. I made an Access db of my recipes. It's been handy if I take something to a potluck and I'm asked for the recipe. I just come home and print it out. Of course, hubby thinks I'm the ubernerd for doing that. Like he has room to talk.