05 April 2007

easter_cookies


easter_cookies
Originally uploaded by triviaqueen.
After dinner, kiddo and I baked cookies. She is getting more and more helpful -- she measured everything, and did at least half the mixing.

The recipe is super simple:

1/2 cup soft margarine or butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup flour

Mix using hands in mixing bowl until dough forms ball. Roll into small balls and flatten on cookie sheet. At this point, you can either bake as is and decorate or, what I normally do is flatten them with a glass dipped in cinnamon-sugar or sprinkles.

The icing is out of a tub (Betty Crocker, I think) and the coloured icing is from Cake Mate tubes. (I think it looks more impressive, but I am not remotely Martha Stewart-like)

Anyway, kiddo decorated three on her own, I did the rest. Fun was had and cookies were eaten... and there are still some left!

1 comment:

Star said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun. The cookies look scrumtious. Happy Easter Cheryl.