01 December 2005

Hey, I DO live in Canada.

Well, oddly it snowed today. Odd because I live in Victoria where we get maybe a week of snow through the year -- usually in February. So anyway... big heavy wet flakes started falling around noon.

Around 3:00 I braved the wind and flakes to go take some photos. I was pretty much the only idiot wandering around -- sure a few people brushed past but they were in a hurry. At one point I had to laugh out loud though, as someone suddenly went wheeling by on a unicycle. Weird. Luckily, I had my camera ready:

unicycle

I got another laugh later, after I walked back to the library through -- say it isn't so! -- an entire half inch of slush and when I got to my computer found an email from kiddo's school warning of a possible snow-closure tomorrow. Gah. Victorians really are the weakest of all Canadians.

Today was also the library craft fair and I duly hauled my booty up to campus -- 22 Cuppa Joe Cozies (and a dozen patterns), 10 1/2 dozen shortbread cookies, a half dozen mini-loaves of banana bread, and a basket full of last year's unsold ornaments -- marked down to half price.

craftfair

By the end of the sale, I had sold zero Cozies, a few ornaments, most of the cookies and four of the banana loaves. All told, I made about $15 if you ignore how much time I put into it all. Every year I think, "Why did I bother?" and yet every year I glide into autopilot and stockpile stuff that probably won't sell.... Sigh.

So, if any of you, my readers, would like your very own Cuppa Joe Cozy for Christmas (or New Year, depending on mail speed and your location on the globe), just send me your postal address (you can send it to me at "triviaqueen" on gmail you know... at gmail dot com and all that) and I will happily pop one in the mail for you. You can even make a colour request if you want. Heck, I might throw in some ornaments, too (they're small).

No comments: