05 December 2005

Ultimate Box Set Collection

From the lovely Kino on Video (which also sells DVDs, of course!) comes Kino's Ultimate Box Set Collection. At 8763 minutes (over 146 hours -- before the extras) this should keep one busy for a very long time.

The set has been designed to appeal to movie buffs -- or perhaps movie snobs, you know the type, they go off on a rant about how today's directors owe everything to [insert pet obscure director or school of film here].

I have to admit I have little interest in some of the movies included, but it is an amazing collection. I'd actually like to get some of the individual sets -- The Movies Begin (133 early movies on 5 dvds) and the German Horror Classics sets in particular.

OTOH, if I had the patience, I'd merrily download some of the thousands of open source movies from the Internet Archive -- including Nosferatu and others included in the Kino sets.

No comments: