30 November 2005

And now the craziness really begins...

So, Monday night, kiddo and I baked about 10 dozen shortbread cookies. These will be going up for sale at the Library craft fair tomorrow (where I'm also selling my Cuppa Joe Cozies, and whatever else I decide to cart in).

mixing_dough

That won't be the end of the Christmas baking, of course. Kiddo needs to bring 2 dozen cookies in for a cookie exchange on Monday and I need to bring in a few dozen for the Libraries Christmas Tea on Tuesday. Guess what I'm doing on Sunday?

Since it's December 1 tomorrow, that means that tonight, I have to dig out the advent wall-hanging I made for kiddo a few years ago, plus we need to put together the Playmobil advent calendar that kiddo received in the mail yesterday from hubby's boss (yeah, he works for a pretty amazing company). While I'm digging in the storage room, I will probably haul out all the other Christmas decorations, and the tree will be going up this weekend.

I'm looking at the December calendar at work and there are only three days between now and December 19th with no "events" booked... I suspect those will fill soon! And, as if my life weren't busy enough... there is a job posting that is beckoning me... even though I am perfectly happy in my current position.... the new posting is temporary (until mid-May) and much higher pay... so I am waffling. The competition closes on December 8th; I've already warned my boss. We'll see.

So... is everybody finished their Christmas shopping?

4 comments:

Sarcasmo said...

So... is everybody finished their Christmas shopping?

If by "finished their Christmas shopping" you mean "haven't even started on my list" then yes.

And what, might I inquire, are Cuppa Joe Cozies? They sound like something wonderful.

Unknown said...

Kiddo calls 'em "Joe Cozies" -- they are designed as an alternative to those paper Java Jacket sleeves on take-out coffee. I'm not always together enough to remember my travel mug, and I really hate burning my hands on flimsy paper cups...

I first blogged about them back in April. That post also includes a link to the pattern... and if you scroll down to Sunday's post, you can see a photo of about 20 of them ready to go.

Mrs Robot said...

I think if anyone used a coffee cosy here they'd be be dragged off and beaten. Or socially ostricised, at least.

For some reason, the coffee sleeve is pretty much non-existant in this country, a fact I rue as I wrap napkins around my morning take away on the way to work. As my fingers start to take on the scent and appearance of barbeque on the walk between the coffee shop and work, my mind wanders back to Victoria and the many coffee sleeves I carelessly discarded there. *sigh* We don't know what we've got 'til it's gone.

("ussfbog". A lesser Viking god?)

Anonymous said...

f and j ... you seem to me to have a very knowing left eye.