10 December 2005

Two Days of Leisure... one to go.

malahat_summit_2

We have been enjoying some amazing weather lately... driving over the Malahat today, the air crisp enough to keep the snow crunchy at the summit, I got out of the van to brave a very c-c-c-old porta-potty [b-r-r-r-r-r-r-R-R-R!], and was drawn to the view. The photo above doesn't even start to do justice... it was stunning.

Anyway... we (me, hubby, kiddo, my mother-in-law, and our neice & nephew) all stuffed ourselves into the van and headed up-island for shopping (two thrift stores, Whippletree Junction, one BIG dollar store, and what I think may be the biggest mall on the Island) and then back through Ladysmith to see the Festival of Lights:

ladysmith_1

ladysmith_2

Friday was a vacation day for me. I spent the morning with kiddo -- doing crafts, a long visit to the library, and lunch together at Boston Pizza. After dropping her at school, I met up with hubby. We went downtown so he could pick up a copy of PHP Architect (he has an article in this month's issue) then went for lunch (well, I had dessert!) at Pagliacci's. After lunch, he headed home and I wandered through some of my favourite stores... pondering the remaining Christmas shopping (to be completed after payday) and just enjoying the time to myself until it was time to pick up kiddo. Friday evening we (mostly hubby) filled out, addressed, and stamped all our Christmas cards (we mailed them today!!!) -- kiddo even got in the act.

So... the place is decorated; we've mailed our cards; and we are almost done shopping. We still need to do a bunch of baking... but I think we're in good stead for the festive season. Yay us!

2 comments:

Mrs Robot said...

That Malahat shot is bloody gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Thanks!