10 December 2004

Two busy days

Amid all the rain we've had (two days and counting of heavy, soaks-right-through-you, falls-sideways rain) I have managed to do a few things:

Wednesday morning, poked around with the kid and my Mother-in-Law through Bring and Buy Books (probably now my favourite used bookstore in the city) and Esquimalt Neighbourhood House Thrift Store. After lunch, we checked out the new Nothing over 99 cents Only 99 Cents store across from Hillside mall. (Oooooh! It's a cheapskate's dream!)

Wednesday evening, I spent about half of my shift at work setting up the tree and other Christmas decorations. (By all accounts the effort was well-received.)

Thursday, I met Chris over lunch since he's in town for business. Thursday night, hubby was not feeling well, so I took the night off work, ordered take-out from Boston Pizza, and managed to finish the Dr. Who Scarf! Now I can't decide whether to focus on the blanket I'm making for the kid, or to start a quick scarf for myself.

This morning, I woke early (6:30!!) and I decided to start the day watching Kiss the Sky (hey, it's got everything: midlife crises, sex, tropical paradise, and William Petersen's naked butt!)

2 comments:

Tim Bailey said...

Bring and Buy Books. Never heard of them. Are they new? Then again, they're in Esquimalt, so they're probably completely ostracized by the bookstore "establishment." Or maybe not. What do I know?

Unknown said...

Bring and Buy is owned by a really nice older guy. They have a great kids section plus movies (tons of VHS and now DVDs) and knick knacks (things like action figures, teapots, and whatever else they feel like slapping a price tag on) in addition to a really great selection of fiction and non-fiction books. Could be ostracized... I dunno. Don't think they are online in anyway (only listings I could find were in my Victoria Guide and in crappy WebVictoria) but I know they've been there quite a while (at least since we first lived in Vic West... so that's like 6 or 7 years).