06 December 2004

Smile, Idiot!

We've had some trouble with a thief (or some hooligans? -- am I old enough to use the word "hooligans"?) making off with all the Christmas light bulbs from in front of our door (everything within arm's reach). I replaced them the first time, and they were gone within 48 hours. So this time when I replaced them, hubby added a webcam peeking out our front door. Smile, thief! You're on the internet! Well, not quite on the internet yet... but hopefully it will cause the idiot(s) to think twice.

3 comments:

Tim Bailey said...

Is the camera hooked up? I need to know... because... I'm not the person who steals your Christmas lights... yeah....

Seriously, though -- who steals Christmas lights? Your neighbours? Maybe you need to paint them in UV-paint or something.

Unknown said...

Yeah, I'd like to smear them with something! Alas, we haven't caught anyone yet... but the lights are still there (or at least they were when I left for work today).

The camera is about as effective as the average retail security camera; it's up to the theif to decide if they "feel lucky" enough to test if it's live or not.

Stallionforce said...

I recommend 12 ft. barbed wire, a siren, 3 holocaust commandos, a bucket of fake blood and a mechanical scythe.

Yours,

Stallionforce