23 December 2004

Merry Bleaaaarrgh! Blllearrrgh! Bleeeeaaarrrgh!

Eww. I spent almost all day yesterday dizzy (most of the day felt like I had been on the Tilt-A-Whirl for 48 hours) and unable to keep anything (including the very necessary Gravol®-type pills) down for more than 30 minutes. Big time gross. By the end of the night (midnight), I had managed to hold down about 12 oz. of ginger ale. Yay.

So that meant my last work day of the year was an unexpected sick day. Believe me... I would much rather have been at work. Not to mention that there is a big pile of papers I was planning on filing. Sigh. Hard to fathom that I was looking forward to filing papers, isn't it?

Today we saw my brother and his family(out from the frozen wastelands of Ontario). The kid got along OK with their two (the boy is 2 1/2, the girl is almost a year), though there were some sharing issues. They're here until the 26th, so Christmas day will be with them too. Tomorrow will be festivities chez in-laws and the beginning of the present exchanges.

1 comment:

Tim Bailey said...

That sounds like a naaaaaasty flu, Cheryl-me-lass. What I got's sounding pretty good to me now, compared to a barf-a-thon. Touch wood. Watch out that you don't develop a stiff neck and back, and sensitivity to light, because there's Meningitis going around. Just a little paranoia for the holidays.