15 December 2004

The best thing about blogs

People will post just about anything in a blog. Why is that so good? Because it makes the world smaller. I never feel like the only person who might be annoyed at odd smells in the house, tearing my hair out over potty training boot camp**, screwing up at work, or depressed about a shitty work situation. I also love reading about things people generally don't share like smelly feet or scratching one's crotch in public

I only hope I amuse you folks a fraction of the amount that other blogs amuse me.




**actually I think we are past boot camp. I think we skipped basic training and were shipped directly to the front lines under heavy fire. Potty training is the stupidest part of raising another human and really ought to be something one can contract out. [Ever the assclown, "Doctor" Phil says it can be done in a DAY. If I could afford his day rates, I'd call him up and say, "Have at it. See you tomorrow."]

3 comments:

carrie said...

Loved the link about potty training boot camp! I can so totally relate to that. My son will be 3 in April, and he's taken somewhat of an interest to the potty. He will pee there sometimes, but never poop. He still poops in the training pants, and he'll be standing in our living room, red-faced and grunting. I say to him, "You're pooping. Do you want to finish on the potty?" And his answer is invariably (in a strained voice), "I'm not pooping." Then the smell hits me, followed by him coming to me a couple of minutes later, telling me he pooped and he wants to change his pants.

Does it ever get better?

Mrs Robot said...

You know, I agree - some of the blogs I enjoy most cover quite seemingly mundane topics. I was trying to explain the whole blogging concept to a colleague today in the wake of an article I had published on the topic; it was difficult to get across.

He: "But what do you write about?"
Me: "Oh, well, anything, really. Things you've seen out on the street, thoughts you have when you're in the shower. It's just like the incidental conversations we have here over the photocopier."
He: "And people actually want to read that?"

Why is that so hard to believe when it's amusing enough face-to-face?

For what it's worth, I drop by this blog everyday and it's entertaining enough to make me come back again tomorrow.

mykodachrome said...

I agree - blogs are cool!