29 December 2004

I'm Hip To This!

Over the past year, hubby and I have been watching a lot of "Technicolor" movies -- especially "screwball comedies" (think: Pillow Talk, Come September, or the retro-homage Down With Love). The thing that keeps gnawing at us is the swingin' tunes. Turns out what we were looking for is a subset of Lounge music called Space Age Pop Music.

If anyone reading has any suggestions for Space Age Pop or other Lounge tunes, please leave a comment -- I'm also fond of Surf Lounge, Exotica (aka Jungle or Tiki Lounge), and some of the Cocktail Lounge and Mambo tunes. Basically, if it would be appropriate for a swinging batchelor pad or to accompany a martini, then I wanna know about it!

3 comments:

Sarcasmo said...

You *must* check out the Ultralounge collections. I have several and love them all!

Mrs Robot said...

Sarcasmo's on the money - the Ultralounge collection is fabulous! I've got a half dozen or more of these beauties and have damn near worn all the music off them. "Space Capades" and "Organs in Orbit" are particularly recommended for the stellar theme you're chasing.

Unknown said...

Thanks, grrls! I actually stumbled across the Ultralounge page shortly after posting, so I shall endeavour to track 'em down.