18 October 2004

Subconscious Back Lot

Apparently, my subconscious contains a back lot and sets not unlike those at big studios like Universal or Warner Bros. I was very aware of this when I woke from my dream this morning, which was set in Paris, because I realized that the street and buildings were the same as those from a recent dream set in Vancouver. Oddly, I have been to both cities and don't remember a similar intersection or series of buildings in either. In fact, the city that my "City lot" most resembles is Seattle. Of course it's really just some sort of amalgam that my brain has created. I know my back lot also includes a Mall lot, an Outdoors lot (forest, stream, trail), and several House sets. I am sure there are more I haven't yet recognized.

I also have regular players in my dreams, and often friends and family are "played" by other people, which can be quite confusing, as some of the regular players are friends and family!

No comments: