09 October 2004

Filing Purging Frenzy Part Deux

It has been a while since the first part of the Filing Purging Frenzy, but after tripping over and staring at half-sorted boxes of files for a couple of months, the time had come to deal with it. Hubby got it all started with CD-software -- he thinned his rack of CDs by about half and recycled all the beat up cases. Then he started filing, and purging, and soon enough, I joined him. And now, I can see the office again! I even vaccuumed the floor (gasp!).

Now, it's not all done. There are still a few stacks of things that need to be dealt with, and I still have a file box labelled "to file in binders" -- which is all the stuff I tear out of magazines or print from the web, mostly home decorating ideas, recipes, pop psychology, writing ideas, and parenting, kid-related or educational information. But I will get on that in due time.

Plus, I am setting a goal: I want to purge 2 or more boxes of stuff I no longer need/use/want every month for the next six months. For the sake of argument, I will consider a "Blue Bag" of clothes to be equivalent to a box. That's at least 12 boxes by, say, mid-April (and believe me, that will not make a huge dent in the amount of STUFF in my life). I'll try to check in at the half-way point, but do remind me if I forget.

No comments: