24 October 2004

innocence is lost on me.

I can't remember a time when I wasn't skeptical, or sarcastic, or jaded. I know I must have been, but it's obviously too long ago. Every now and then I run across someone who is still totally grounded in innocence and I don't get it. These are not children; these are adults. A coworker today very excitedly suggested that with my dark hair I could dress for halloween as a witch (pointed hat and all). Now, aside from the fact that I know a number of Wiccans and people who consider themselves witches, I have always had an issue with the stereotypical "wicked witch." But I digress. What was truly amazing to me, was how innocent she seemed... she is considering dressing as a flower. (If she is reading this, I mean absolutely no disrespect, it's just not the way I live my life, and I can't even begin to put myself in her brain.) I did not, however, have the heart to describe in more detail my costume plans beyond "something dead."