12 October 2004

Local Weirdness.

Hey kids! Just in time for Halloween, here's a local paranormal site, Vancouver Island Paranormal Haunted BC

The last paragraph mentions this oddity:
"But strangest of all is the widely documented and experienced time warp on Shelbourne St., south of the Hillside Shopping Mall. In October between 2:00 and 3:00 am, if you are driving alone in your car on this stretch of the road, the city street turns into an overgrown, unpaved country road, deserted and dark. Drive a minute and it shifts back to today"


Now, I have lived in Victoria almost my entire life, and in that neighbourhood (three blocks away) for 8 months, and never heard of this... I also seriously doubt it is anything beyond mass hallucination via suggestion. Still, I'd love to know where it has been "widely documented."

2 comments:

Tim Bailey said...

It was widely documented in "Absolute Nutters" magazine, I believe. Seriously, I used to drive that stretch of road every morning at that time when I was delivering for Thrifty's, and it happened to me exactly zero times. Then again, my anecdotal evidence is no better than theirs is. I suppose it could be explained away as some perceptual shortfall on my part, because I'm not superstitious and if I felt creepy driving along Shelbourne at 2:30 a.m., I'd probably chalk it up to the soulless, blighted neighbourhood.

Anonymous said...

I've heard that its on a certain Sunday morning in October, or any Sunday morning in October, and between 6am-7am ish... Would LOVE to know if it's true!