08 October 2004

Emotional day.

Relaxing morning, shopping around for light fixtures, maskmaking supplies, and gifts. Lunch out with Mom, and more shopping followed.

This afternoon, I attended the memorial for Laura. I arrived at 3:00 and seated myself at the back. From the moment I walked in, my eyes were running. I started working at UVic just a few months before Laura, and have worked with her for most of the past 17 years. Laura was at times a mentor, at times a mother, at times a confidant, at times an equal, and at times the manager she needed to be. She was always positive, but not in that fake perky smiley way. Instead, she laughed naturally, and she always found and worked with peoples' strengths. I have also worked with her daughter, and I plan to write her a letter, to share what I couldn't share publicly today.

After a brisk walk, Mike picked me up and we came home to watch the Presidential Debates (part two). All I have to say is "I own a timber company?"

No comments: