01 June 2006

RoundUp

Been a couple of days since I posted. Hubby and kiddo are both sick (Hubby more so) and so I have been waiting for the hand of ill health to strike at me, too. In the meantime, here's what's on my computer screen of late:

Scary scientific findings: New Orleans is sinking faster than originally estimated. I have to ask displaced New Orleans residents, do you really want to go back? This is what the author of the new report says:
"My concern is the very low-lying areas," said lead author Tim Dixon, a University of Miami geophysicist. "I think those areas are death traps. I don't think those areas should be rebuilt."
Yikes.

Old toys: yeah, it was interesting to have a table at the Victoria Toy Show, but I sure don't want to do that again. Sure, you get to see cool toys, but I can do that online. In several places.

Speaking of childhood.... Ever thought Rock-Paper-Scissors was a stupid game? Thought maybe you should kick it up a notch? Via BoingBoing is RockPaperScissors25 -- using 25 diffierent hand gestures (the original 3 plus 22 new ones) giving you far more chance of pwning the opposition.

And finally, Zombies are on my mind. First it was suggested that I use my mad haiku skillz to enter a Zombie Haiku contest.... which I will do... and then for my weekly writing focus, I doodled out a short-short story called My Zombie Lover, which amuses me greatly.


tags: science, toys and games, zombies.

No comments: