18 July 2008

ZOMG! Christopher Nolan is my hero, for real!

Seriously. The Dark Knight kicked every other movie's backside around several blocks.

We saw the 3:30 showing and when we came out, the line to go in to the 7:00 (and later) showings was all the way around the theatre -- an honest-to-god blockbuster; something I haven't seen in a very, very long time (in fact, I think the last time I saw that happen was for the godforsaken metachlorian-riddled Episode One). The difference this time, is that the people in line today will not be disappointed.

blockbuster

As amazing as Heath Ledger's performance is (oh, yeah, you can believe that hype) -- and his is not the only buzz-worthy performance -- but Nolan's script is the unseen star. Nolan really understands how to instill fear in an audience. I don't want to build it up too much, but it was certainly the best movie I have seen in a while (the only other movie that comes close -- and it is in a different league -- is In Bruges which actually did the impossible: it made me appreciate Colin Farrell as an actor).

Go see it, then come back and comment -- I'd love to know what you think.

No comments: