23 March 2008

Socktopus!


socktopus1
Originally uploaded by triviaqueen
What to do with a bag full of mismatched toddler-socks.... hmm...

First I made a batch of Little Sock Monsters (photo below) which are selling on etsy right now -- in fact I sold one within hours of listing it! -- from the cuffs of the socks, but then I had all the foot portions leftover.

All along, I had wanted to make a "socktopus" but I wasn't sure how I was going to make all those short fat legs fit. Eventually, I figured out that I would need to cut each sock end in half, so four socks became 8 legs and one more sock became the head. The face is simple embroidery.

Here's the Little Sock Monsters....

buncha_little_sock_monsters


All in all, it's been a pretty productive weekend, craft-wise (and otherwise).

No comments: