08 November 2005

November Blues?

Is there such a thing as November blues? I feel like I have been in a funk since Halloween. In fact, Halloween didn't even seem right to me; I just couldn't quite get into it this year.

Now Christmas is on the horizon, and in between there's a couple of family birthdays (one last week, one this week), some school interviews for kiddo (next week and the following week), much shopping to do (I love shopping but the Christmas gift-selection is really pissing me off this year), and laminate flooring to install -- we are packing up the living room contents over the next few evenings and installation should start Friday.

I should be bubblier. Hubby's zombie parts went over very well -- we've been invited to the premiere of the short film, "Not Dead, Not Alive" on November 20th. Over the weekend we saw Jarhead (hubby's review is over at the Media Nook) while kiddo saw Chicken Little with her cousins (she told us she liked it, "about five percent," -- not a rave review). And I have new glasses on the way -- they are a funky magenta-coloured frame with detachable sunglasses, so I can finally see properly driving! (Everyone in Victoria should be very happy about this). Did I mention my eyesight has actually improved? It seems my problems with my glasses were that they were too strong. Who knew?

Anyway... life is really OK, I'm just kinda mopey. Dunno what will fix it... =shrug= ...thanks for listening.

4 comments:

Sarcasmo said...

*sends hugs and good thoughts*

Sounds like maybe you're just wearing yourself down. Hope the funk passes soon!

Mrs Robot said...

Funnily enough, I just made a post on my growing optimism. The difference here? That the end of the year for you means shorter, darker days, whereas we're heading into bright light, tropical fruits and the round of summer parties. I used to think that Christmas in winter would be the better option, but I'm starting to revise that.

Whack on every light in the house, crank up the heater, put a Surfaris disc on the turntable, sprinkle sand in your clothes and food and have a beach party!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the well wishes, all.

As for you Zezette -- damn you and your below-the-equator lifestyle! Heh. That felt a little better... :)

Mrs Robot said...

All this and cheap cheese, too. ;)