19 August 2005

Sometimes, complaining gets results.

Last week, I phoned in an order for pickup at one location of a national Pizza franchise. Long story short, the staff thought maybe I meant to call another location, and they transferred my order to the location nearest my workplace (the number on their call display). Yeah, thanks. I am a complete moron. I didn't know what I was thinking, phoning the place I was actually going. Idiots.

They re-did my order, and I really didn't see the point in explaining to the brain trust exactly where he went wrong. I waited the 20 minutes and went on my way.

On Monday, I wrote a letter which I faxed to the franchise owner.

Today, I received a letter stating that the confusion was "totally unacceptable" and the matter was "obviously something that needs to be adressed. " Along with the letter was a certificate for one pizza. I'd have been OK with just the letter and an assurance that procedures would be clarified for staff. However, considering the other battle I started week, the free pizza will be nice.

2 comments:

carrie said...

I think we're being overrun by idiots. So they transferred your call to a different location just because of where you were calling from? I don't get it.

That's up there with the time I ordered pickup pizza online from a chain and while I was waiting on their pickup queue, the delivery driver showed up at our house.

The reason? I entered my address with the order. I entered my address because the site required it for a credit card order. I clearly selected take-out and even chose what location I would be going to. Argh! That was over a year ago and I haven't ordered pizza from them since.

At least you got a free pizza out of it. I complained about my situation and all I got was a $3 credit off my next order.

Unknown said...

Wow. A $3 credit... whoopee.

I think it's because most pizza places will hire anyone with a pulse and a car.