15 August 2005

Hot Hot Hot

OK, I live in Victoria because it's mild. It seldom snows, and rarely gets above 20 degrees Celsius (about 70 degrees Fahrenheit) for more than a few days. Well, the last rain we saw around these parts was about 2.5 mm (less than 1/8th of an inch) back on July 17th, That's pushing a MONTH and I've had it. I should note that during the same period the daytime temperatures have ranged from 22-32 degrees celsius. Bear in mind, too, that my workplace is NOT air conditioned.

I'm getting pretty grumpy right about now and it took a lot of self control not to upend my mug of fresh scalding coffee on one or both of the women who had this exchange in front of me in the cafeteria:

"Lovely weather,"
"Oh yes! I wish it would stay like this until Christmas, and then warm up!"
"Ha ha ha"
"Hee hee hee"

My inner voice was yelling, "Perhaps the fiery pits of Hell would suit you???"

GAH!! Maybe I was an amphibian in a past life.

No comments: