04 November 2004

My name is Cheryl...

... and I'm a cableholic.

We spent two years without full cable, but on Sunday, I finally gave in and reconfigured things, so that getting full cable and internet only costs us an extra $4.95 per month. So now we have about double the channels as with basic cable... and we have regained channels like Bravo!, Discovery, HGTV, the Food Network and Space.

Now I am gorging on shows like While You Were Out, Daily Planet, Good Eats, original Star Trek, as well as more of the cartoons, series and news that I usually watch. It's as comfortable as I know it's not healthy. So sue me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You mean "Television, the Drug of the Nation"? I'm sure it's not far off base.

We have that fight music on CD. It rocks.

We've had Hot Type all along; The learning Channel seems to have re-worked itself into the home decorating channel; and the History channel has always been too war-centric for me. (Though I have a History degree, I avoided studying the wars -- and that's tough!) But yeah, I am trying to temper the crap with some education... even if it's crap education. ;)