03 November 2004

Eat your veggies!

OK, so they might not protect against cancer (Five-a-day cancer benefit shaken) but the same study confirms that eating five servings of fruit and vegetables a day will reduce the risk of heart disease. Of course we've known for decades that fruit and veggies are good for your every day health, too.

I cram in my servings with the help of side salads, low-sodium V-8 juice, smoothies, and trying new recipes whenever I get the chance. Got a favourite fruit or veggie dish that is low-fat and/or low in sugar? Lay it on me!

Got picky eaters under 18 in your house? Dole offers 5-A-Day fun for kids, including activities, fun facts, and recipes.

For all you Atkins-addicts out there, here's a new product line: veggie-free vegetables (tee hee).

But perhaps you are lachanophobic? You know... I can't make fun of a phobia. Even one that lame.

No comments: