22 July 2004

too darn hot

I hate heat. Hate it. Hate the heat and the cold too. I like my surroundings between 9 and 19 degrees celcius (that's 48 to 66 degrees fahrenheit if you're reading from the U.S.). Usually, Victoria does a good job of keeping things that way, but right now, we are in the midst of a damn hot summer.

Heat makes me crabby... I have trouble sleeping... and I tend to eat whatever is handy (cubpoard grazing) or eat out because I fear turning on the oven. Now before you go calling me a wuss, I admit it! (see above) I know it's likely hotter wherever you are than here... but here's the thing: in Victoria, we rarely get more than two or three days of any variety of weather without a break. Being on an island next to the Pacific Ocean, fronts are always blowing in, through or over, bringing fresh new weather patterns (yeah, I just re-read that, and guess what? Heat makes me stupid, too. So sue me). Anyway, my point is that in Victoria, we rarely get a long run of hot weather (or of cold for that matter; snow rarely sticks around longer than 3 or 4 days).

So go ahead, check our weather and laugh at me. It can't make me any crabbier.

No comments: