29 July 2004

crazy people / crazy stuff

I saw my neighbour last week sweeping his trees. I find this very odd. He literally took a broom, held it over his head, and started sweeping each tree, one branch at a time. I have tried to come to a logical conclusion, but can find none. Any ideas?

***

Apparently, it is now a crime to eat a candy bar in the Subway, but at least you can untuck your shirts after a tough round of golf.

***

Last night I dreamt of beautiful women with ridiculously hairy backs (braided in one case) reciting poetry ... I should probably seek counselling.

***

I'm blaming everything on this continued heat for now. Yesterday, I dug around and found the WCB draft report on Indoor Air Quality and pointed out that the temp in our office has been over and above the upper acceptable limit for several weeks... nothing has changed yet, though.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Stinky co-workers is one thing, and working with the public brings even more olfactory assaults, and they get much worse in the hot weather. Ugh.

As for how to approach the co-worker? Carefully! People get really touchy about personal hygeine.

When I worked in a boarding school in the UK, there was a poster outside the shower room that said something like "You're always the last to know" and another that said "A fox cannot smell his own den" reminding the kids to wash regularly!

deborama said...

About the neighbour - harvesting nuts of some sort? Or removing a pest such as tent caterpillars without using spray? Tring to dislodge a ball or frisbee caught in the tree branches? Just some random thoughts. I have done much stranger appearing things than that in my garden . . .

Nine said...

oh, the crazy neighbors... i have a few of them myself. if you can figure mine out, i'll help you figure yours out. do we have a deal?

Unknown said...

regarding Mr. Tree Sweeper... He was sweeping evergreens, so rule out the fruit option. I thought of the ball caught in the tree, or bugs, but he swept every branch of all four trees on his deck (yes, deck -- we live in townhouses). I am leaning toward the idea of "demons" or "little green men".