11 July 2004

Disposable email

Here's something new: disposable email. Seriously... you create an email address "on the fly" like coolpartygirl@mailinator.net and mail can be sent to that address right away. Then you just login without a password and read your mail; you can't reply or even delete it; it will self-destruct in a few hours. The designers have a sense of humor too (from the Mailinator(tm) FAQ):

This sounds pretty insecure. What if I send important emails with sensitive super-secret information in them to mailinator?
Then you are a stupid-head. That isn't what this is for.


They recommend crapmail for that. (OoooOooh. I notice that with crapmail you can also get an eFax address for receiving faxes. Hmmm.) Of course all of it is American and as such raid-able under the evil PATRIOT Act....

Of course I already have a half dozen active email addresses ... but I guess I can file this all under "good to know."

No comments: