05 July 2004

blogettiquette

A coworker didn't clear her browser history on one of the main computers... so I discovered her personal livejournal.

[Note to coworkers: use your personal login or clear the browser history! I am not the only "nosy" one who works here... and I am much less likely to bitch about what you are reading or doing online!]

So anyway..... is it cool to say to her, "hey, I read your journal..." or would that seem stalker-ish? Would I be a loser to say, gee, sorry I made you rush in for that crap shift (the first entry is about how lame it was to be at work when it was so dead)? Or would she be horrified knowing that someone who has been her supervisor is reading her personal angst?

Is there some kind of Anne Landers for this kind of dilemma?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks, Anne :) But it's too late... I already sent her an email. So she'll either avoid me or not. [shrug] I did send her my own blog address as fair trade though.

And personally, I also assume that people might actually read my blog that I never intended to (like [shudder] my parents, who both spend a lot of time online)... so I do take some care. Though now that I think about it... I am not sure who I "intend" my audience to be.