16 July 2004

Goodbye Rainbow

Walking home the other night, we cut through the playground and I realized something was wrong. They had removed the climbing frame that my kid absolutely loved... she called it the rainbow because it was an upside-down U shape. I was furious... and glad she wasn't with me... and I still haven't taken her down to the park (nearly a week later) because I know she will be heartbroken. I also wanted to find out why it had been removed.

Hoping that maybe (just maybe) they were going to put in some new equipment, I emailed the municipal park management. It took 4 days to get the reply,
"please be advised that the removal was due to a Safety precaution primarily because of the location of the equipment/age/ and condition. ... We asked the Community Association Executive to check with the area residents to see what is needed in the Park. The Community Association is to reply to Parks by this fall, so we can plan for 2005. Our intent is to work with the Community to improve the Park, based on what is required by the neighbourhood. At this time we have no replacements for the equpment removed."
Crap. So now I have to track down the community association. I am soooooo looking forward to that.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hmmm, maybe you're right. I'm still really irked about the process though. :)