08 July 2004

Fun with 80s icons

Having been a George Michael fan for many years (that's fan, lowercase "f", as in, I'll likely buy his albums -- not Fan, capital F, as in, I have wallpapered my ceiling with his image) I was amused by this headline: "Wham! George Michael shuts web chatroom after careless whispers" then bumed out when I read the story.

His original post makes him seem exactly like the self-centred mopey British prat that many people always suspected he was.

Sigh. Another 80s icon down....

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

A friend of mine had a (psuedo) plan to record whispered covers of songs, the theory being that when you whisper lyrics they sound incredibly creepy. The best example we could find is "Father Figure" by George Michael.

"I will be your father figure
Put your tiny hand in mine
I will be your preacher teacher
Anything you have in mind"

Unknown said...

That is creepy.

I would also suggest Shania Twain's "Gonna Getcha Good":

You're a fine piece of real estate,
and I'm gonna get me some land
Oh, yeah
So, don't try to run --
honey, love can be fun

Check out the rest of the stalkerrific lyrics. Stupid song always makes me shudder.