15 February 2007

UnHappy Valentine...

Ugh. Well, Tuesday night as I was awaiting hubby's return from the conference, I started feeling worse and worse. I thought it was just hunger, but as soon as I actually ate something, I regretted it. I spent the rest of the evening turning my stomach inside out... which meant no one got a proper night's sleep in the hotel... which meant that Valentine's Day was pretty much ruined. We didn't get to go anywhere on our "bonus day" in Vancouver -- just tried to eat some breakfast then headed for the ferries. Oh, and the weather was rough so the ferry ride was bouncy. As soon as we got home, I went to bed and stayed there until 8:00; roughly 24 hours after first feeling sick.

Hubby did get me a very nice necklace (dawww) and I got him a book (hmm, not quite equivalent, I think) but based on the last few years worth of crappy Valentines days, I think this will be the last one we attempt to celebrate.

***

In other news, my brother and his family are moving back to the West Coast next month which means we'll have a reason to visit Vancouver more often.

No comments: