20 February 2007

Onward, to Victory!

Interesting concept for something I've been doing pretty much ever since I left home: planting and growing my own food. Basically, the concept is that of the Victory Garden,

During World War I and World War II, the United States government asked its citizens to plant gardens in order to support the war effort. Millions of people planted gardens. Emphasis was placed on making gardening a family or community effort - not a drudgery, but a pastime, and a national duty.

...but instead of supporting a political war, the emphasis is now on the environmental "war" on global warming..

Planting a Victory Garden to fight global warming would reduce the amount of pollution your food contibutes to global warming. Instead of traveling many miles from farm to table, your food would travel from your own garden to your table.

Some of my recent food garden ingredients:

gradually_ripening saladgreens fresh_strawberries

Mmmmmm... now I really want to start planning my garden for this year....

No comments: