06 February 2007

Islands 86


j31_arts_expo86_installation
Originally uploaded by triviaqueen.
A little over twenty years ago, I and a handful of other students from Victoria collaborated with Carole Sabiston to create this large fabric mural that has hung in Victoria City Hall since its completion.

I was lucky to have Lily Wallace as an art teacher -- she was (and still is!!) a force to be reckoned with. She allowed my friend and I to take a "directed study" art class during which we did this project, worked on dozens of stained glass panes that still hang in Cedar Hill school, and we worked on a silkscreen to be used in re-creating the original wallpaper in one room of Emily Carr house.

I am very proud of each of these projects and the way they have allowed me to "leave my mark" on my city.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really lovely piece, C.