12 August 2004

pigtails and the married girl

Is 35 too early for a mid-life crisis? I mean, we are supposed to live to 82 right.. so does that mean I am early or that I am going to die at 70? Because while I totally accepted 35 on my birthday, I am having a bit of trouble with it right now. Maybe because I am reading blogs of twenty-somethings and reminiscing... or maybe because my toddler is driving me insane... I mean when my Mom was 35, I was 14... a different brand of crazy-making... and she went back to University.

Anyway, today my crisis emerged in the form of pigtails and I think I will have to remember pigtails as a clever alternative to the goofy hat. You see, I learned a while ago in public service that when you wear a goofy hat (ie: Santa Hat, pumpkin deely bobbers, bunny ears or what have you) the level of guff goes down to almost zero. In fact, my interactions while wearing a goofy hat are much more upbeat; people tend to either chat with or step away from the crazy lady. Today has been just like that... so I will remember to break out the pigtails more often.

1 comment:

Nine said...

ya know, i wear pony tails or braids to work every day. people really are a lot nicer and i get a lot of compliments on my *pretty hair*. i'm 35 too by the way and i've been having a mid life crisis for the past 6 years or so...

oh, and i'll sport the viking hat if you will wear one too :)