19 August 2004

Herding cats

So today, my task was to get the cats to the vet. A long-postponed task for many reasons... but now done, though not as easy as I'd like. Take two cats who barely tolerate each other and place them in cat carriers; add 3 kids and toss liberally in minivan. Both cats were overdue for shots, and their basic checkup and are suffering from major flea problems (damned hot summer!), so they were cranky to start with. I got away with a single puncture wound on my shoulder and some light scratches. Not too bad. I am very proud of myself for getting this done without hubby (who would have liked to be there, but had things blow up at work, so couldn't escape). Anyway, $200 later, one cat is all dosed and done for a year, the other has antibiotics for 10 days to attempt to clear up some ugly gingivitis. Poor critter.

Once at work, I settled in for a quiet Thursday evening... but got cornered by a patron who regularly racks up overdue fines and tries to wiggle out of them. I wouldn't budge on his latest fines, and he got very cranky... so we'll see if this comes back to bite me later.

I still haven't heard about the job -- my interview was Monday -- but I have stopped freaking out about it; I expect to hear by next Monday.

Counting calories is sucking, but FitDay is helping to track things. Since I am at the computer several hours a day most days, I am more likely to do the food journal. I did walk to the grocery store earlier today, pulling the toddler in the wagon and on the way back, the groceries and the toddler. Basically I have cut my calories by a moderate amount and am working on better balancing my diet by reducing my fat (no wonder I have weight issues -- my first entry which was a typical day had over 50% of my calories from fat!! Ack!)

1 comment:

Christopher said...

that FitDay is an eye-opener isn't it? Over time I've managed to balance my diet to 45% carb, 45% protein and 10% fat. Couldn't have done it alone!

:)