08 August 2004

busy/lazy Saturday

My day started early with a trip to SilverCity to watch and review Yu-Gi-Oh! -- basically, I have seen a lot worse. It had an overview (so newbies weren't lost) and a relatively clear plot... but I felt really strange being pretty much the only adult there not herding 3 or 4 kids... oh for a fedora with a PRESS tag!

The afternoon began with a frustrating trip to McD's (plus side, got to try the new chicken strips, they aren't bad -- minus side, my kid climbed up inside the play area then woudn't/couldn't climb down unassisted) followed by a trip to the new Linens, Etc. where we got a new "mildew-resistant" shower curtain. (I know, my life is incredibly exciting isn't it?)

After dinner, we went out again... to Value Village. I was looking for a cheap camera, but ended up looking for clothes. My mistake. Thought I could actually still FIT into clothes that looked OK... but no. I am hopelessly out of shape, overweight and miserable. So naturally, we followed shopping with a movie (why be active?).

The movie we rented was the Lost Skeleton of Cadavra, a modern homage to the great B-Movies of the 50's and 60's. It was a lot of fun with laugh out loud dialogue, crappy spray-painted cardboard models, a battle to the death between a skeleton and a mutant, and it was filmed in "skeletorama"! Who could ask for more? Simply brilliant.

No comments: